- The type of information We collect, use, and disclose;
- How the information We gather is used and to whom it is disclosed;
- Your ability to opt-out of future notifications and withdraw consent;
- Security procedures We have put in place to protect Your information from loss, misuse, or alteration
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- Information We Collect From You
- How We Collect Information from You
We collect information from You when You interact with the Services through:
- Our Dealership Partners. You may be asked to provide Our Dealership Partners with information to be disclosed to Us in connection with the Services. This information may be used by Us to provide the Dealership Partner with identity verification and other reporting about You related to the Services.
- A Direct Link. In some instances, You may be asked to upload Your information to Us directly or indirectly through a trusted third party via a direct link. This information may include uploading a driver’s license or providing photo identification for the purpose of identity verification.
- Communicating with Us. You may disclose information to Us via direct email or verbal communication in connection with the Services.
- Visiting the Website. When You visit the Website, We may collect non-identifiable information about Your visit.
- Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information from You that You voluntarily submit to Us, including information that You provide when engaging with any of our Services. We do not collect any Personal Information from a visitor to Our Website unless that visitor explicitly and intentionally consents to providing it. Under no circumstances do We collect any sensitive personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health, or sexual orientation. If You are simply browsing our site, We do not gather any personal information about You. We do not collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 16.
- Purposes for Which We Collect and Use Your Information
- Facilitating the Use of Our Services: When you interact with the Services through a Dealership Partner, We may collect Personal Information for the purpose of verifying Your identity or to generate a report related to the Services. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide You with the features and functionality of Our Services. We may receive information about You from third parties, including Our Dealership Partners when they provide us with information about You. We may also collect information about You that is publicly available on behalf of Our Dealership Partners.
AlthoughYou may disclose Personal Information to Our Dealership Partners, for the purpose of generating identity verification results and other related reporting in connection with the Services, We are not responsible for the sites and services provided by our Dealership Partners. We recommend that You review their applicable privacy policies prior to disclosing any Personal Information to these entities.
- Communicating with You: We may use the information that You disclose to Us to communicate directly to You to respond to any inquiries (e.g., support requests or account verification) or service-related emails (e.g., technical and security notices). This communication is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely administering the Services and communicating with You in relation to the Services. We will only process Your Personal Information in this manner to the extent that You have given Us consent to do so and will only communicate with You in accordance with applicable anti-SPAM legislation.
- Payment processing, Hosting and Related Services: Third-party vendors and other service providers may be required for one or more of Our Services, including web hosting, payment processing, email, phone, and other risk service providers. If payments are processed through a credit card or electronic funds transfer, We may provide Your Personal Information, including credit card details to appropriate financial institutions, processors, and third parties under contract with Us for providing payment. In each case, the distribution of Your Personal Information will be used by such an entity for its internal use related to fulfilling the transaction services for Us, will be treated as confidential by this entity, and will be transferred between Us and this entity only via encrypted means. Please note, that this information is only used to facilitate transactions. We may store credit card information for the purpose of a subscription. This credit card information is encrypted and accessible only by means of a secure link. Credit card information is deleted from our system as soon as it is no longer required (e.g., termination of services).
- Consent to the Collection of Personal Information
You may explicitly and intentionally provide Us with, and consent to, Our collection of certain Personal Information by:
- E-Mail Request for Information: We use links throughout our site to provide You with the opportunity to contact Us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and demo materials, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of Our representatives contact you personally to provide information about Our Services. To do so, We may request additional Personal Information from You, such as Your name, email address, and/or telephone number, to help Us satisfy your request.
- Registration and Use of Services: If you choose to register for and/or use one of the Services, We will request certain information from You. Depending on the type of Service that You request, You may be asked to provide different Personal Information. For certain Services, We may require Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender information, photograph or other appearance information for biometric authentication, and driver’s license photo and/or number. Other Services may require different or supplemental information from You in order to deliver a particular Service.
- New Consent Required
In the event that Personal Information is required for a new purpose, We will disclose the new purpose and request consent to collect Personal Information.
- No Consent Provided
Although not legally required to provide Personal Information, We reserve the right to withhold or deny Services where the appropriate Personal Information is not provided to carry out the associated purpose.
- Withdrawal of Consent
You can withdraw Your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of Your Personal Information at any time by contacting Us and informing Our Privacy Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disclosure without Consent
We will only disclose Your information without consent to third parties, government authorities, or law enforcement to the extent that We are permitted or required to do so by law.
- Accuracy of Collected Information
We implement policies and procedures to ensure that the Personal Information in Our possession is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You can submit updates to Your Personal Information to Our Privacy Officer at any time. Any changes to Personal Information in Our possession that are used by third parties or Our partners will also be updated of any new changes.
- Access to Personal Information
An individual may request access to the Personal Information that We hold about themselves at any time. We will respond to requests for access promptly and within the legally mandated time frame subject to any refusals permitted or required by law. Any refusals to grant access will be accompanied by associated reasons and information regarding available recourse. Requests for access to Personal Information can be directed to Our Privacy Officer via email to email@example.com.
- Retention of Personal Information
We provide public access to information regarding the Services via the Website.
14.1 Statistical Information About Your Visit: When You visit Our Website, Our computers may automatically collect statistics about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally, but rather provides Us with information about Your visit to Our Website. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, the user's IP address, which pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about Your visit only to help Us improve the performance of the Website.
14.3 Linked Third Party Websites: The Website may contain links to third party sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, privacy statements, acceptable use policies, or any other content regarding these other sites. We strongly recommend that You read the privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of any third party to understand how they collect, use, and share information.
- Opting Out of Future Notifications
From time-to-time, We may notify You of new products, announcements, upgrades, and updates. If You would like to opt-out of being notified, please contact Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security Procedures and Safeguards
We consider the protection of all data and Personal Information We receive from You as critical to Our corporate mission. Please be assured that We have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any information We receive from You in accordance with applicable law.
16.1 Procedural Safeguards: We maintain physical, electrical, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, disclosure, storage, use, and deletion of Personal Information. Proof of identity may be required upon request to disclose Personal Information to You. You should protect against the theft of Your Personal Information through safeguarding Your passwords and devices.
16.2 Technological Safeguards: As with any transmission over the Internet, there is always some element of risk involved in sending Personal Information. To try and minimize this risk, We encrypt all information that You submit in relation to Our Services. Our Website uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. We use Amazon Web Services (AWS) to store Your data, which is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
16.3 Personnel Safeguards: Our employees who have access to Personal Information receive privacy training and are required to respect the confidentiality of such information pursuant to their employment agreement with Us. Restrictions to access to Personal Information at the personnel level include restricted access to physical locations in which Personal Information is held, as well as technological protections (e.g., passwords). Disclosure and access to Personal information by personnel is limited to the extent required to reasonably fulfill the specific purposes for which it was provided.
- Notification of a Security Breach
In the event of a security breach of the abovementioned safeguards involving Personal Information in Our control presents a real risk of significant harm, notice of the breach will be provided without undue delay to the affected individual(s).